Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 November 1985

PUPIL TEACHER RATIO

NOV. 1985
PUPIL TEACHER RATIO
PRESENT SITUATION :

Total Teacher Population            32.0 lacs
Total Number of Institutions         6.9 lacs
Total enrolment                        11.4 crores
Teacher/ Institution ratio            4.63
Pupil/ Teacher ration                   165


CHANGE/ ACTION DESIRED  :

-      Pupil/ Teacher ratio should be ideally 30 This will entail increase in Number of teachers to 176 lacs assuming total enrolment to remain constant.
-      A large number of Persons will have to be motivated to take up this profession thru upward revision in the pay-scales and perquisites of the teaching community.
-      A large number of modern & well- equipped Teachers- training Institutes will be required to be set up.

ADVANTAGES EXPECTED :

Individual attention resulting in better quality of education.

ACTION BY :

Ministry of Human Resources Development.

No comments:

Post a Comment