Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 6 November 1985

MIDDLE EDUCATION

FROM  THE REPORT

" CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION "

Nov. 1985
MIDDLE EDUCATION
PRESENT SITUATION:                               (LAKHS)
                                  1950       1985     GROWTH- RATE
Primary Schools (Nos.)     2.01          5.04              2.6%
Middle Schools (Nos.)      0.13         1.23             7.2%
RATIO – MIDDLE:PRIMARY 1:15         1:4


CHANGE / ACTION DESIRED :
-      As Laid Down In the Constitution – Education up to the age of 14 years (i.e. till middle level ) is responsibility of Government i.e. it should be compulsory & free
-      Even though the ratio of middle schools has improved still in order to reach the above goal there has to be 4 fold increases in middle schools as compared with Primary.

ADVANTAGES EXPECTED :
Constitutional obligation towards citizens will be met

ACTION BY :
Ministry of Education, GOI

No comments:

Post a Comment