Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 November 1985

EXPENDITURE PER PUPIL/ ANNUM

FROM  THE REPORT

" CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION "

NOV. 1985
EXPENDITURE PER PUPIL/ ANNUM
PRESENT SITUATION : (At 1970-71 Constant Prices) (Rupees)
                        1950-51     1975-76    %Growth–Rate
Elementary Education   42          55            1.1
College Education      469         331           (-1.4)
Professional Education1640       890           (-2.5)

CHANGE / ACTION DESIRED :
-      For elementary education the growth-rate is very low
-      This requires to be raised substantially
-      For college education the gap must be bridged by raising fees (which have not been revised with inflation rate )
-      For professional education privatisation should be allowed with fees levels fixed realistically.

ADVANTAGES EXPECTED :
-      Motivation to poor’s to get elementary education
-      Realistic fees levels for higher education will attract only those who are serious in pursuing studies.
ACTION BY :
Ministry of Education, GOI
UGC
State Govts. (Education Ministry )

No comments:

Post a Comment