Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 November 1985

EXPENDITURE ON RURAL EDUCATION

FROM  THE REPORT

" CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION "

NOV. 1985
EXPENDITURE ON RURAL EDUCATION
PRESENT SITUATION:

EXPENDITURE ON  1950-51           1970-71
-      RURAL          38.3              494.6 CRORES
-      URBAN          71.6              623.7  CRORES
                 ----------         ------------
 TOTAL        109.9              1,118.3 CRORES
                 ------------        -----------
% EXP. ON RURAL/ TOTAL      35%         44%
% RURAL POPULATION/TOTAL 75%         80%
For 80% of the rural population we spend only 44% of the total education outlay
CHANGE/ ACTION DESIRED:

Maintaining the present share of Urban Education the weighted average for Rural Education outlay should be increase to the Urban level i.e. 176% of the present i.e. Rs. 1978.4 crores.
This will bring around the parity in educational expenditure in proportion of population.


ADVANTAGES EXPECTED :

Population flow to urban centers would be arrested Equitable and just distribution of educational resources Upliftment of 80% population would eradicate poverty Family Welfare will get a boost because of rural literacy.
ACTION BY :

GOI – Dept. of Education

No comments:

Post a Comment