Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 November 1985

DIFFERENTIAL EXPENDITURE ON EDUCATION IN STATES

FROM  THE REPORT

" CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION "

NOV. 1985
DIFFERENTIAL EXPENDITURE ON EDUCATION IN STATES
PRESENT SITUATION :

In 1982-83 expenditure (Per Capita) in different states was varying drastically as would be evident below:
U.P.               40.5  LOWEST IN INDIA
M.P.               49.4
BIHAR            51.2
PUNJAB        100.0
KERALA        119.5  HIGHEST
ALL INDIA       68.2 AVERAGE
----------------------------------
CHANGE/ACTION DESIRED:

1.  No states should be allowed to spend less than the present National Average of per Capita Educational Outlay.
2.  Educational opportunities should be equally and evenly spread and grown in all the states.
3.  Backward states should pump far greater resources on education for upliftment of masses.


ADVANTAGES EXPECTED:

Equitable distribution of resources on education
Equal opportunities in all states
Regional imbalance eliminated which will also check migratory tendencies

ACTION BY:

GOI – Ministry of Education.
State Governments – Ministry of Education/ Finance.

No comments:

Post a Comment