Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 4 October 2003

RPL PROJECT / HELP DESK


Nirmit / Raju                                                  05-10-03
Cc : Kartyavya / Abhi / Sanjeev
RPL PROJECT / HELP DESK
If Reliance (as a Group) wants to re-make their poor image amongst India’s jobseekers, I entirely agree with Raju, that it is absolutely essential for Reliance to create (for the group as a whole) a PERMANENT JOBSEEKERS HELP DESK which is open 24*7. I believe, for a group like Reliance, this (creation of permanent help desk), is a small price to pay to remake their EMPLOYER BRAND.
But, once created
®   There is no going back. It becomes permanent.
®   Help-desk agent will need to be HR guys
(MBA’s preferably), thoroughly trained in answering a whole gamut of recruitment related questions. They (the Agents) should be capable of answering, convincingly ANY questions posed by jobseekers without shunting them back-and-forth to a no. of executives. It has to be a one-stop-shop.
Enclosed find a set of questions (not comprehensive) to which, you must develop SHARP/ PRECISE answers with help of RPL executives /Our RecruitGuru team – and then train those Help Desk Agents. 
FAQ – By – Candidates
Ø Have you received my resume / application?

Ø What is the status / position of my application?

Ø When will i get to know whether I am shortlisted for interview or not ? How  will you convey your decision to me ? should I phone again to inquire ? if so when?

Ø What is the process which you are going to follow for selection?

Ø Am I supposed to call you up for the telephonic interview ? If you are going to call, how will I know, when you will call? On which no. will you call?

Ø My phone no. has changed. How do I get my new no. into your record/database?

Ø Are any seats/vacancies reserved for SC/ST/OBC categories ?

Ø Are any seats/vacancies reserved for women?

Ø Are women ruled-out for any of these vacancies? Why then, have you asked for “Gender” clarification in resume – form?

Ø Are vacancies fixed statewise/regionwise/ citywise/language-spoken wise?

Ø I  had, in my resume, indicated my posting-location choices as Chennai / Hyderabad / Bangalore. Now I want to change these to Delhi / Jaipur / Ahmedabad. How can I do this?

Ø Which is the employer – Company?

Ø Which is the consulting company ?

Ø What criteria are you going to use for

®   Rating
®   Short listing (Pre-Screening)
®   Final Interviewing

Ø Why is consulting company in the picture?

Ø What is the name of the person who is going to interview me ? Can you please give me his phone no. or email ID ?

Ø In case I am selected, how much period I will get to join? Would you want photocopies of any of my original documents such as

·      Birth Certificate
·      Edu Quali Certificate
·      Final Year Mark Sheet
·      Copy of employment-letter from current employer
·      Copy of latest monthly salary-slip
·      Letter of references                             etc.etc

When would you need these ? How do i send these _ by tax / by post? To whom do I send these to ?
Ø I received an email saying I have been shortlisted for “Telephonic Interview. When will this interview take place ? How will I come to know about this?
Ø My telephonic interview got over on _____, but I have not heard anything since then. Please tell me where do I stand ?
Ø I have received an email asking me to make myself available for telephonic interview on (date) at (time). But on that day I a not available, due to urgent problems. Can you please re-schedule my interview on (date) at (time)  ?

After telephonic prescreening, hoe will I come to know whether I am rejected or I have been shortlisted for face-to-face final interview with Reliance ? How long will it take to know this, once prescreening is over?
Ø If I am called for final face-to-face interview, where & when will it be held? How much notice will I get ? Will I be re-imbursed for return travel-fare? By train (which class?) or by plane ? what proof would you require to reimburse me ? will you reimburse me for hotel-stay ? local taxi-fare ?
Ø What documents should I bring along with me for the final interview ? shall I send Xerox copies in advance ? If so to whom? How do I send – by fax or by post?
Ø If I get selected in final interview, how long will it take for you to issue the Appointment letter ? will it be emailed / faxed / posted ?
Ø In case selected / appointed, which place (city) do I report for joining duty?
I have received your Appointment Letter which mentions only the BASIC SALARY & grade but does not mention my total monthly take home salary, inclusive of all allowances. Pls. tell me total.
Ø In case, I am selected, who will I be reporting to?
Ø What is the probation-period ? Notice period ?
Ø What are the working-hours for this vacancy ? what are the holidays ? How much SL/CL/PL do I get ?
Ø Is this job temporary or permanent ?
Ø Will I have to work in shifts ? will I have to work on Sunday? – in that case, will I get a Compensatory-off?
Ø Is there a loan-facility to buy a scooter?
Ø Which elements of my compensation-package tax-free?
Ø Will I be entitled to any bonus/incentive payment, at the end of the year? How much ? How is it decided ?  Is it linked to my own individual performance ? my petrol-pump’s performance ? Is it a group- incentive ? who all are eligible to receive?
Ø What salary- increment will I get at the end of the year ? Is this a fixed amount or does it depend upon an individuals personal performance? Is there a fixed date on which increments become effective for everyone? Will I get an increment, even if I am on probation?
Ø What whole be my next promotion grade/designation ? After how many years, can I expect to be promoted to next higher grade ? Are there any “performance-related” criteria for deciding promotion?
Ø My colleague has received email intimation for telephonic pre-screening but I have not, why? When will I receive?
Ø I have received your email saying that you could not shortlisted me for me telephonic pre-screening. Can you tell me why? My colleague/ friend, who has same qualification/ experience has been shortlisted but hoe come, I am rejected? Will there be one more round of telephonic pre-screening / final interview ?
Ø I have been asked to join duty on (date). Is that ok? Can you please send me an email confirmation of the changed date?
Ø Your Appointment-letter asks me to produce a copy of my resignation-letter and a copy of “Resignation-Acceptance” letter from my current employer. Although I have resigned & can fax you a copy of my resignation-letter, my employer is refusing to issue me, an acceptance-letter. What do I do?
Ø My current employment-contract calls for me to give to my employer a 3 months notice, so I cannot join your duty by the date indicated in your employment offer. Can you, therefore, please change my joining date to  _________ ?
Ø By paying to my employer money in lieu of notice-period, I can be relieved earlier but will you reimburse me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment